Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Typography: Isolation




So my tech Arts class was working on typography and talked a lot about the font type helvetica. I personally like the font, most likely because i'm still new to this world. So we were all assigned to choose a "exotic" word and give it emotion from the font, spacing and designs and such. I chose Isolation, it seems like a very dark and sad word so i chose it instead of something happy. I felt this project required a bit of hard thinking and a look at what you can do to give things emotion with out a face to express it. (click on Image to enlarge, if interested)

So this took about two days to complete. I didn't want to over do this word because it means alone and disliked, i also didn't want to make it too simple so i wanted appropriate unity. With this project we needed to go threw tons of different fonts, i tried out at least 20. So i found a font that looked like it was breaking, even dying slowly. Then i found a dark design to add to give a bit of space taken up so it wasn't too plain. I'm looking forward to future assignments and hope i find a field ill be better at. I will keep you up to date with my weekly blog posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment