Thursday, September 27, 2012

Animated GIF Assignment



What it looks like on a webpage with the background and quote.

 
Our assignment was to find a meaningful part of a movie, television show or video game (cinematic) that brought a lot of emotion. This project taught me how to use frames and masks in Photoshop.

The animation was cut down by about 300 frames to 11 frames that would be repeated. I am very glad how it turned out. The animation is really smooth and has no noticeable flaws. I faced trouble cutting the size, which is why I needed to use masks. Since there was a verity of colours, I needed to take a few out so the file would be small enough.

In the beginning, my teacher thought this was going to be a mess. In all honesty, a challenge. She told me the colour was too vibrant and bold, that I needed to find meaning behind the actual scene and that it would be a struggle to actually mask the full moving Oliver because it is not subtle. He is bouncing around like a jelly bean!!

For the background I used Colours revolving around the whole theme. The oranges, blacks and grays. I was trying to go for city streets; the movie takes place in New York.

The film is about Oliver, who is a stray kitten raised and protected by dogs. He then learns the ropes and secrets of the city while on adventures with them and a homeless man named Fagin.

The symbolic meaning behind this GIF. It doesn’t matter what you act like or look like, find people you can fit in with, who you feel comfortable with. Don't limit yourself with stereotypes that say you should be here because you look like this (cat fitting in with dogs) or act like this. Just be yourself and go along with the flow! Being different isn't a bad thing. (Oliver "barks" instead of "meows")

I chose the quote because it’s true. You need to find your beat. Your strengths. You need to learn them and keep building them up because one day you could do great things!!

Don't limit yourself; Reach for more than just the stars!

I am very proud with how this was finished. Would I change it? Nope, I accepted the challenge and in the end turned out great!

No comments:

Post a Comment