Monday, February 14, 2011

Flying high with......birds



This Made me laugh, a combined picture of our last sketching assignment and our upcoming one!

Ok so our new unit in visual arts is........BIRDS!!!! Yes birds. They fly, they sing and their being printed on paper with our new unit. This unit involves Lino art(printmaking). This was a popular method of art for Picasso. I think this will be a difficult one to do because it confusing to me and im not great at drawing birds let alone carving them. I enjoy learning these new methods as long as i get a bit of help along the way. I was going to choose a bird with long legs or a type of head dress. The colours i'm going to choose are green and red on blue or yellow paper. I have only done print making once before in eighth grade. We needed to creat a winter scene. This method was easy because we only used one type of ink instead of two. I am up to the chalange and hope i will understand it better in the upcomming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment