Monday, April 18, 2011

Skull



After about 2 - 3 weeks of working on it, it's finally complete! This assignment was to see how good we are at realistic drawings including the space, shading and over all finished product. Not only was this a test, but it shows how much our skills have grown from last year. Our teacher gave us options on how the scene was going to look. As a class we decided on the positioning of objects and see how they looked from different angels and if they looked good with the lighting. After a while of planning were the items were going to go we set up our working areas and found a good composition.

The first couple of days where my favorite, we needed to choose either three different compositions or just one composition but looked at it from different angles. For my three I choose a deer skull and some flowers, a man’s face and a bear skull and my final, the coyote skull with the jug.

I used a verity of different pencils anywhere from HB pencils to 6B pencils. The outline was enjoyable but I would have to say shading is the hard part. You need lots of patience and stillness to achieve high quality, it’s a tough road. I think my favorite part of the drawing is how the skulls front snout shadow glides along the jug. To me it looks very smooth and realistic.

All in all I think I have grown from last year. I'm pretty impressed with my work because the shadows work well with the placing. I enjoyed this assignment and are looking forward to more.

No comments:

Post a Comment