Friday, April 8, 2011

Typography: Beyond The Sea

VIDEO UPLOADING SOON!

This new assignment i completed was about typography. This project took about three weeks in total, we needed to choose quotes or any form of speech and then write words to match the timing there said and to be enjoyable to view. I chose the song Beyond The Sea.

so i went with a 1940's song called "Beyond the Sea" by Bobby Darin. I coulden't find any quotes because of all the choices.The medium I used were in applications, I used where Adobe Illistrator and Flash. this was my first time using Adobe Flash so it was difficult for me. Once i understood what keyframes where and how to use them it bacame a little less complicated.

For this song i chose a underwater background so I used dark shades of blue and added seaweed for the first bit. Once I got to the end I decided to make the words turn into a small white boat. I diden't know how to slow the boat down to make it bob around less but it still worked. I tried using font that gave a feel for the
1940's and used blue letters.

I like using the seaweed in the final cut because i got to use the bone tool to make the seaweed sway then just looped it. The boat was probably my favourite part because it took a bit of work to create it in illistrator then transfer it to flash. The womens silouette I still don't really understand though.

I chose to make it this way because this song was about sailing the sea then finding his woman standing on the sands waiting for him. I'v never been on a boat before and thought it would be cool to do somthing that hasen't been done. I chose this older song because it's diffrent instead of all the newer songs. I really like this song but i think i may be sick of it from hearing it so much now.

If i could change a couple of things it would be the boats sailing speed, it's way too fast. I would change the song to probably quotes from a television show or movie. If i was given more time i probably would have added more of the song to it.

I think the most difficult part was the sillouette of the women, the creating of the boat and making the keyframes match up perfectly with the words. The seaweed was a bit strange at first because the bone tool wasen't working then I needed to create another layer for the lines in the seaweed so I had to delete them. Since i'm still new to this I think i did a pretty good job and i really enjoyed this project.

I think the most sucsessfull part was in the beginning when you go under the water, the colours went darker and it diden't move too fast. It felt to me it was all added to the right timeing. I over all really liked the whole look of the piece and thought it was really good. This assignment was great and i finally learned how to use keyframes to make classic movements. I enjoyed this project and loved using flash.

what design am i happy with sucsessful?

No comments:

Post a Comment