Friday, March 23, 2012

#8 Trip to the AGO

Thursday was a great bright and sunny day. Our CyberArts class decided to go on a trip to the Art Gallery Of Ontario. It was my first time visting the gallery and in my opinion, it was very inspiring. We visited a variety of different exhibits, and focused on industrial photography and the renaissance. I think my favourite painting was a fairly small painting (compared to the others) called "View Into a Hall with a Jester, a Girl and her Dog" by Gabriƫl Metsu. We viewed the Iain Baxter& exhibit as well and i thought it was strange yet artistic. My favourite Piece in the room was a large number of dead stuffed animals stacked on poles as if it were some sort of strange forest. Overall i really enjoyed my time at the AGO and wouldn't mind going again for a longer visit.

"View Into a Hall with a Jester, a Girl and her Dog"



I drew a quick sketch while at the AGO with my classmates of the small dog in the painting. The dog really caught my eye, he really felt alive and the brush strokes were very flowing to create a great texture of fur.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post, pics & sketch! So glad you enjoyed the experience. Since you appreciated the painting by Metsu, I think you'd also love to take a look at the work of Vermeer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed the trip. Remember you can always go again for free, as a high school student (after 3:00 Tuesdays to Fridays I think)

    ReplyDelete