Thursday, March 29, 2012

#9 Life Observation: Death

Yesterday it was late at night and I let my dog out before I was going to go to bed. I went to let her inside and called for my dog several times. I turned on the light to see why she wasn’t responding, she was sniffing the dying body of a young robin. I was so upset and felt hurt for the robin; after my dog was let in I just stared at it. The robin’s wings were spread out and were lying on her chest breathing heavily, scared and injured. I finally ran inside and grabbed a towel to pick her up. By the time I got back to her she tried to move a bit and stopped dead in her tracks. I could see her looking at me and she blinked twice slowly, then let go of life. I picked her up and placed her on my decks table and cried. That’s the second time I’ve seen something fade away. I hate being there knowing I can’t do anything for them and that they died for no reason and did nothing to deserve it. She was so light and lifeless. I just really think people take life for granted sometimes because it could end at any time. That poor robin was probably just hungry, looking for food for her family, trying to take of what she had in life worth living for. I know it's my fault she died and all I could do was sit and watch this helpless little bird slowly die. I apologize and I feel extremely depressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment